Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Zucchini Recipe #1 and #2

So with all this zucchini growing, I'm determined to find creative uses for it.

Recipe #1 was a Zucchini Muffin Recipe and was delicious (Elsie LOVED them!) however they were not very pretty, nor were they easy to remove from the pan (with 1 cup of oil and greasing the pans, not sure how that was even possible) I don't think I'll be using this again. I'm all about convenience. This one, not so much.


Recipe #2 was a Chocolate Zucchini Brownie - Sign me up! I love brownies, why not throw in some vegetables so I can justify my eating of chocolate. The brownies were tasty, definitely not as sweet as normal brownies, but I liked them. Jeff's response to putting zucchini in brownies was, and I quote, "Just because you can put zucchini in something doesn't mean you should" He tried the brownies anyway, wasn't too much of a fan, but then again he's not a fan of chocolate. So his vote really doesn't count. 


How yummy do those look? No where near as sweet as they could be, but still pretty tasty! 


1 comment: