Sunday, August 14, 2011

All Star Summer

Anyone who knows me knows that baseball is a huge part of my life. My passion for the sport started in junior high and continues to grow to this day. With the All Star game at Chase Field (BOB), I was ecstatic! Finally, an opportunity to go to the Home Run Derby. An even more exciting opportunity showed up during one of the games Jeff and I went to earlier in the season. The All Star Fan Fest needed volunteers! Yes please! I put in a request, knowing it was a long shot, but wanted to try anyways. There were over 4,000 people that had expressed interest, but only 1,800 would be needed that weekend. Being 38 weeks pregnant that week, I thought the likeliness was even more slim. Towards the middle of June, I got THE letter! I had been accepted to volunteer!! I was thrilled. I was able to work 2 - 5 hour shifts, and have the opportunity to go the following year if I wanted to travel to Kansas City (we will let Elsie decide that). It was a dream come true to work it, even being 38 weeks pregnant! I loved every minute of it.
I was assigned to work the Waiver station (having parents sign permission slips) the first day and the Hall of Fame booth the second day. So fun all the way around!

1 comment: