Friday, September 13, 2013

Year of Dates - #2 July

A little bit of background - Jeff and I went on an Alaskan Cruise for our honeymoon. Talk about the perfect honeymoon for an Arizona summer wedding! We escaped the heat and enjoyed the use of jackets for a full week, not to mention the gorgeous scenery!

For our second travel date, we traveled to Alaska to reminisce about our honeymoon. Being 110˚ outside, I really wanted to escape the heat. Since I've asked Jeff to schedule one Friday night off a month, I hoped we could drive up to Payson for the Friday Night Fish Fry at the Beeline Cafe. We could enjoy a few degree cooler weather and Jeff really enjoys the fish fry there. However, Jeff got called in to work around 2 that afternoon, so no trip for us. Since Plan A failed (again, but who's keeping track) we can't really escape the heat anywhere in the valley. Plus we didn't have a babysitter so I made it a family date night.

We ate dinner at Pete's Fish and Chips the following night. I'm not a big seafood fan, but Pete's fish and chips has some great chicken strips. Jeff likes their seafood platter so it was a win. Then to finish off the night we watched "The Proposal" once the kids were in bed.

Although the date was nothing too fancy, we still enjoyed being with each other and remembering our honeymoon.


2 comments:

  1. Bahahaha! You are so funny! I was like, "Wow! Alaksa AGAIN?!" I guess Pete's is the next best thing. :) LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete